With our partner Opta Sports, here are the main stats to remember after the crazy match between OGC Nice and Lyon (3-2).
With our partner Opta Sports, focus on the main figures to remember:
● Nice is the first Ligue 1 team to have won an elite match after being led by 2 goals in the 80th minute from Marseille in March 1985 (3-2 v Brest).
● Nice has 19 points after 10 Ligue 1 matches this season, its 3rd best total at this stage in the 21st century, behind 2002/03 (20th, 10th at the end of the season) and 2016/17 (26, 3rd at the end of the season ).
● Lyon have lost 8 points after the 80th minute of play this season in Ligue 1, at least double more than any other top team.
● Lyon have conceded 16 goals after 11 Ligue 1 matches this season, their highest total at this stage in the top flight since 1995/96 (16).
● 4 Nice players born in 2000 or later have scored in Ligue 1 this season (Gouiri, Bard, K. Thuram, Guessand), more than any other top team.
● Lyon striker Karl Toko-Ekambi scored 7 goals against Nice in Ligue 1, at least 2 more than against any other top-flight opponent. He has scored 3 goals in his last 4 L1 matches, as many as in his previous 21.
● Lyon midfielder Houssem Aouar has scored 2 goals on his last 2 shots on target in Ligue 1, after not having found the fault in any of his previous 9. His last 3 achievements in the elite stem from an assist from Lucas Paqueta.
● Lyon midfielder Lucas Paqueta is involved in 19 Ligue 1 goals in 2021 (12 goals, 7 assists), at least 7 more than any other current Lyon player over the year.
● Nice striker Andy Delort converted his first penalty in Ligue 1 since February 10, 2019 (with Montpellier v Monaco), after remaining on 3 failures (2 stopped, 1 on the post). He attempted 8 shots in this match, his co-highest total in a top-flight meeting in 2021.
● Christophe Galtier has gleaned 20 points in his first 10 matches on the bench for Nice in Ligue 1, only Lucien Favre (26) is doing better with club Aiglon coaches at this stage in the 21st century.