Eliminated from the Europa League, OM, if they do not lose against Lokomotiv Moscow in the last match, will be transferred to the Europa League Conference, the 3rd European Cup.
After Moscow and Istanbul, theIF could well leave on the mop to the borders of the Old Continent if it is donated to the Europa League Conference. Humiliated by Galatasaray (4-2), Thursday evening, Jorge Sampaoli’s men can no longer climb to the final phase of the Europa League but can finish third in their group and be transferred to the “Conference League” if they do not lose against Lokomotiv , in two weeks at the Vélodrome.
Participation in the 3rd European Cup cannot be taken lightly. As a reminder, the 3rd in the Europa League will face one of the 8 2nd in the Europa League Conference during play-offs (17 and 24 February), the winners of each group being, themselves, qualified directly for the 8th finals (10 and 17 March ).
The Marseillais could for example go further than Turkey by facing Maccabi Tel Aviv (Israel) or Qarabag (Azerbaijan). Worse, the two big teams of the competition, the Roma and Tottenham, are currently 2nd in their group and Spurs can no longer take first place at Stade Rennais.
The 8th 2nd in groups before the last day:
– Maccabi Tel Aviv (guaranteed to be 2nd)
– Partizan Belgrade (not yet qualified)
– Roma (already qualified but behind Bodo / Glimt)
– Randers (not yet qualified and closely followed by Jablonec)
– Slavia Prague (not yet qualified, threatened by Union Berlin before a match in Germany)
– Slovan Bratislava (not yet qualified, threatened by Paok)
– Tottenham (not yet qualified and threatened by the Vitesse)
– Qarabag (already qualified before a final in Basel)
🔝 Confirmed group winners… 👏👏👏
🇳🇱 AZ Alkmaar
— UEFA Europa Conference League (@europacnfleague) November 26, 2021